May all beings be infinitely happy and free from suffering.
What are the symptoms of a healing crisis?
The healing crisis is the result of all your energy systems working together to eliminate old thought patterns and other unwanted impurities from your body, through all your designed elimination channels which helps to set the stage for regeneration and healing.
Symptoms The healing crisis will usually bring about past conditions in whatever order the body is capable of handling at that time. People often forget the diseases or injuries they have had in the past, but are usually reminded during the crisis. There are a wide variety of reactions that may manifest during a healing crisis, the most common are:
- Nothing at all: and that's perfectly fine and normal!
- Tiredness: sometimes feeling like you've "been hit by a bus". This is a temporary phase, usually lasting at most one day, as your body purges out old energy. Give your body lots of rest and anything else it needs.
- An abundance of energy: Although you may feel energetic, take things very easily as this is just a temporary phase as your energy adjusts and balances. If you feel like exercising, then do so in moderation and be gentle on yourself.
- Spontaneous and often strong feelings and emotions; crying, sadness, happiness etc. Often after healing, your body will continue to clear energy blockages by releasing emotions. This is very healthy and normal.
- Tingling sensations over your body. This is simply the energy moving and balancing out within your body after the healing work.
- A change in diet, either eating less or more – or wanting different foods.
- For women, menstrual cycles may be slightly affected.
- Changes in thought patterns & perspectives: When healing takes place it can sometimes shift old "filters" in our minds, changing our outlook on life, sometimes changing old habits & patterns, generating "light bulb" moments and an increased quest for spiritual knowledge.
- Increased joint or muscle pain: healing energies being released from within that particular area. This can be a result of many kinds of energies or thought forms being brought to the surface for healing.
- Extreme fatigue: Extreme fatigue = extreme healing. Please take a rest and enjoy some you time!
- Restlessness: There are some restless energies being brought to the surface for healing. These need to safely released through your own re-experiencing at this time.
- Aches & pains (general or specific) - can relate to any or all parts of our body. A sign of really deep healing from within that area of your body (or all of it!).
- Feelings of nausea: Perhaps some energy moving and being released from your lower chakras
- Fever / Chills: A sign that there is much healing being done and many toxins being released
- Drop in blood pressure
- Cold or flu like symptoms: another sign that toxins are being released safely from your body.
- Suppressed memories arise: a sign that old mental thought patterns are coming to the surface to be released
- Mood swings: A sign that there is much emotional healing happening and that old emotions may be coming to the surface for safe release from your energy system.
- Diarrhea: This is a very common side effect of energy based healing and should be seen as a great way of cleansing the lower chakras
- Anxiety: For no real reason at all, you may feel anxious or 'on edge'. A great sign that these kinds of energies are being released.
- Cramps: Signs that negative energy is moving and starting to come to the surface for healing.
- Headaches: Healing in the brain and upper chakras can cause many different types of headaches. These will normally pass in a few days but please drink plenty of water!
- Insomnia (or restless sleeps): This happens very commonly and include any bad dreams and all types of interrupted sleeping. This is a great sign that there is much negativity being released from within.
- Sinus congestion: Blockages in the upper chakras which are coming to the surface and being released.
- A change in urination and /or bowel movements: Energy movement and deep healing in the lower chakras.
- Skin eruptions (boils, rashes etc) - can be a result of unpleasant emotions that are being brought to the surface and released safely through your skin.
Of course, should any of these symptoms persist, we would definitely recommend that you seek proper medical attention and please always trust your own intuition during these times of healing crisis. It has been our experiences that just knowing about the healing crisis and the effects that these healing issues can have on your life is absolutely invaluable!