May all beings be infinitely happy and free from suffering.
The Maitri Precepts
The Maitri Precepts (The Principles of Loving Kindness) can help to form the cornerstone or foundations for the entire Maitri Dharma Pathway and can help us to radiate the Maitri essence as we go about our daily life.
By following these 11 Maitri Precepts, we are able to live our life in alignment with the Maitri Dharma, with loving kindness. Also, within this one practice, we are able to accumulate a wonderful amount of karmic merit which can help to fuel our journey forwards into more love, kindness and unity.
We hope that you will enjoy connecting with these beautiful Maitri Precepts. May they help to guide you towards more loving kindness, peace and wisdom in your life and may you radiate these peaceful and loving feelings for the benefit of all.
1. Never break oneness and equality on account of name, appearance, ethnicity, tribe, religion, colour, class, gender, belief, community, nation, power, position, ability and so forth; this means, give up all discord, be it worldly or spiritual.
2. Having found the eternal Dharma, Mārgapath and the Guru, remain respectful to all religions and beliefs.
3. Never cause rifts or doubts with untruths, accusations and counter-accusations, belittling or meaningless talk.
4. Resist all teachings and paths that lead to separation, rifts or boundaries; stay steadfast in the true mārga-practice.
5. Resist doing even the least harmful karma-actions throughout life in true Gurumārga practice, melt totally into Guru’s truth-nature, becoming part of it.
6. Before being truly merged in the essential realities and practices of Gurunature and Dharmanature, refrain from expounding it with clever words; while still mired in hearsay, rumour, and propaganda, do not draw others into delusion.
7. Avoid any and all demonic behaviour: violence, killing, harming or hurting living beings; choose only pure wholesome nourishment.
8. Do not think less of people or countries on account of national identity.
9. Rooted in true Gurumārga practices, dedicate all karma-actions, thought and speech to the uplift of the whole world, including ourselves.
10. When searching for Truth, the Gurumārga path begins to take form within the heart and merges with Gurunature for the wellbeing of all life in the universe.
11. Remain always in the highest and deepest awareness, realising the various precepts in the soul, gaining freedom from all bygone bondage and constraints.