Inspiring love & higher consciousness for the benefit of all.
Making Great Smoothies
Before we get to the deliciously raw vegan smoothie recipes, here are some quick tips to you create a wonderful array of delicious smoothies:
1. Try to use some 'frozen' in your smoothie to make it really super deliciously cold and tasty! You can use ice or frozen fruit to help you with this.
2. It is normally a good idea to add milk into your smoothies - coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk or if you want to, just throw in some nuts and a few splashes of water to create your own uniquely perfect smoothie.
3. You can still add vegetables to your smoothie without losing the beautiful sweet taste - as long as you get the proportions right. You can also use very mild tasting vegetables such as carrots without changing the taste too much.
4. Try adding some spices, essences or other natural flavourings to the mix - things like cinnamon, nutmeg, agave nectar, vanilla essence, desiccated coconut and raisins. These can add some real dimension to your smoothies.
5. Always be creative, colourful & have lots of fun with your smoothie making. There are lots of wonderful nutrients being absorbed here so enjoy!
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 - 3/4 cup water (depending on preference)
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen mixed berries (or strawberries if you wish)
1 tbsp agave nectar
Add to blender and mix until smooth. For those using a high powered blender, you can also do this without soaking the cashews.